Every house folks realize how hard it is to pay an electricity bill. It’s time to be smart. Having used touch/tap based apps for bill payments, you might have a lot of questions on how to use a Chatbot like Niki.ai for electricity bills. This article will help you on every aspect of an electricity bill payment transaction on Niki.ai.
This article talks about:
- Entering, Changing an operator
- Entering, Changing a Consumer number
- Bill amount
- Payment options
- Cancel the bill payment conversation
- Resetting the order
- Entering the promocodes
- Order Details
- Operators under Niki’s umbrella
When you are processing an electricity bill payment for the first time, the bot asks you to provide the details of your electricity operator before proceeding to payment.
When you are trying to pay the bill for the next time, the bot always fetches your previous details and you can always change any of them any time.
BESCOM, NPCL, Tata Power are examples of operators.
You can directly enter the new Consumer number in the chat to start an electricity bill payment conversation.
When you are processing a bill payment for the next time, the bot auto-fetches the consumer number for which the electricity bill payment needs to be done. You can always change the number too.
In most of the cases, Niki makes your life easier by fetching the bill amount. If it doesn’t, you can directly enter the bill amount in the flow of conversation. The amount can be verified in the processed order summary.
Once you enter the bill amount, the bot will show you the summary of the order with details like operator, consumer number and amount. The order summary also contains proceed to payment options.
We support the following payment options on Niki:
- LazyPay** (This may not be available for all users as the eligibility is calculated by Lazypay)
- Amazon Pay
- Pay Online (Debit Card, Credit Card, Netbanking)
The bot will also tell you if any Niki credits are getting redeemed and how much you have to pay. You can refer the link here- Payment process to know the detailed payment process for each of the payment options available with us.
At any point during the chat, you can cancel the transaction. You can type “Cancel”, “x” or just tap on the cancel icon available at the bottom left corner of the app. This will cancel your conversation the bot and come out of the Electricity related context. This is purely to cancel a conversation with the bot.
Once you have completed the bill payment, it is not possible to cancel the transaction. It has to fail at the operator end for us to automatically process the refund. Manual intervention into the transaction is not possible.
If the bot fails to make a successful payment in any case, may be due to any technical issues at the merchant side, the amount paid will be set for an automatic refund.
However, since there is an automatic retry process in place, it will take about a couple of hours before the refund can be processed from our side.
If you feel you want to change the order completely, you can reset the order at any time during the chat. You just need to type “Reset”. The bot will ask you for confirmation and reset the order. You are still in the same domain, so you can continue directly with the changes you want to make in the order.
We introduced Promocodes recently in Niki.ai. You will have to enter the Promocode to avail certain offers. Here’s how you can enter the promo code in Niki.ai app.
- Tap on the Menu icon on the top left corner of the app screen.
- Tap on “Offers & Promo codes”
- Under “NIKI PROMO CODES”, you can tap on “Apply Promocode →”
- Enter the Promocode you have and tap on “Apply”
- You will get the confirmation on the screen
Promo code for Electricity: ELEC100 (Get 20% cashback upto Rs.100 if paid via Debit Card and upto Rs.50 if otherwise)
*Please note that offers change very frequently. So, we would like you to stay tuned to the updated info on our website https://niki.ai/offers/
Once the payment is completed, your transaction will get processed. You can know the order details from the “My Orders” section in the app. Tap on the Menu icon on the top left corner of the app screen and tap on My Orders, your transaction will be listed there.
Tap on the Repeat icon to repeat the same transaction anytime later. This will take you directly to the payment stage of the transaction.
Tap on the order to get complete details of the order.
Status of the order
- Success - Your order has been processed successfully.
- Refunded - Your order failed after several retries and the amount has been refunded
- Retrying - When the payment fails in the first attempt, the bot will automatically retry the transaction multiple times for the next one hour. During this time, the status of the transaction shows this.
- Niki Order ID
- Fulfilment Partner
- Date of Transaction will be listed here.
Electricity bill Details
- Consumer Number
- Operator selected in the bill payment transaction will be mentioned here.
- Mode of Payment.
- Amount Paid by you
- Total Niki Credits used in the transaction will be shown here.
- You can tap on this to send out the order summary email to your registered email address
- You can reach out to support section using this button. You can read the available articles or write to support from here.
- Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited (BESCOM)
- Bhagalpur Electricity Private Ltd.
- Brihanmumbai Electric Supply & Transport (BEST)
- BSES Rajdhani Power Limited
- BSES Yamuna Power Ltd
- Calcutta Electricity Supply
- Chhattisgarh State Electricity Board
- Chhattisgarh State Power Distribution Company Limited
- Dakshin Gujarat Vij
- Daman and Diu Electricity
- DNH Power Distribution Corporation Limited (DNHPD)
- India Power Corporation Ltd.
- Jaipur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited
- Jamshedpur Utilities & Services
- Jodhpur Vidyut Vitaran Nigam Ltd.
- Madhya Gujarat Vij
- Madhya Pradesh Madhya Kshetra
- Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited, Mumbai (Mahadiscom, MSEB, MSEDCL, Mahavitaran)
- Meghalaya Electricity
- MP Paschim Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Ltd. Indore
- Noida Power Company Limited
- The North Eastern Electricity Supply Company of Odisha Limited (NESCO)
- The Southern Electricity Supply Company Of Odisha Limited (SOUTHCO)
- Paschim Gujarat Vij
- Rajasthan Vidyut Vitaran Nigam Ltd.
- Reliance Energy Mumbai
- Tata Power Delhi Distribution Ltd
- Tata Power Mumbai Distribution Ltd
- Torrent Power - Agra
- Torrent Power - Surat
- Torrent Power - Bhiwandi
- Torrent Power - Ahmedabad
- Tripura State Electricity Board
- Uttar Gujarat Vij