Postpaid bill payment is a common transaction for many users. Having used touch/tap based apps for bill payments, you might have a lot of questions on how to use a Chatbot like Niki.ai for Postpaid bills. This article will help you on every aspect of a Postpaid bill payment transaction on Niki.ai.
This article talks about:
- Entering, Changing a phone number or picking from contacts.
- Entering, Changing operator
- Entering, Changing bill amount
- Payment options
- Cancel the Postpaid bill payment conversation
- Resetting the order
- Entering Promocode
- Order Details.
- List of Operators under Niki’s umbrella
Entering/Changing a Number/Picking from contacts
You can directly enter the new number in the chat to start a postpaid bill payment conversation.
When you are processing a postpaid bill payment, the bot asks for a number for which the postpaid bill payment needs to be done. You can always change the number too.
You can tap on the “Pick number from Contacts” option shown on the screen. This will open the Contacts from your phone. Tap on the contact to pick a number of your friend or relatives for the postpaid bill to be paid.
When you are processing a postpaid bill payment, the bot always picks the operator for you. But there are chances that the bot might pick this up incorrectly due to MNP (Mobile Number Porting) or the number being a Jio connection. In these cases, you can just enter the correct operator and Niki will change it before proceeding to payment.
Vodafone, Airtel, Jio, Idea are examples of operators.
Entering/Changing bill amount
You can directly enter the amount in the chat. You can always change the amount for which the payment needs to be done.
Once you enter the bill amount, the bot will show you the summary of the order with details like phone number, operator, amount and type of transaction. The card also contains proceed to payment options.
We support the following payment options on Niki:
- LazyPay** (This may not be available for all users as the eligibility is calculated by Lazypay)
- Amazon Pay
- Pay Online (Debit Card, Credit Card, Netbanking)
The bot will also tell you if any Niki credits are getting redeemed and how much you have to pay. You can refer the link here- Payment process to know the detailed payment process for each of the payment options available with us.
Cancel the Postpaid bill payment conversation
At any point during the chat, you can cancel the transaction. You can type “Cancel”, “x” or just tap on the cancel icon available at the bottom left corner of the app. This will cancel your conversation the bot and come out of the Postpaid related context. This is purely to cancel a conversation with the bot.
Once you have completed the bill payment, it is not possible to cancel the transaction. It has to fail at the operator’s end for us to automatically process the refund. Manual intervention into the transaction is not possible.
If the bot picked the wrong operator for the bill payment and you completed the payment without noticing it, not to worry. The bot has the ability to select the correct operator and circle. It also has the ability to check if it is a prepaid or a postpaid recharge.
Resetting the order
If you feel you want to change the order completely, you can reset the order at any time during the chat. You just need to type “Reset”. The bot will ask you for confirmation and reset the order. You are still in the Postpaid domain, so you can continue directly with the changes you want to make in the order.
We introduced Promocodes recently in Niki.ai. You will have to enter the Promocode to avail certain offers. Here’s how you can enter the promo code in Niki.ai app.
- Tap on the Menu icon on the top left corner of the app screen.
- Tap on “Offers & Promo codes”
- Under “NIKI PROMO CODES”, you can tap on “Apply Promocode →”
- Enter the Promocode you have and tap on “Apply”
- You will get the confirmation on the screen
Promo code for Postpaid: POST30 (This is applicable only on payments done through a Debit card)
*Please note that offers change very frequently. So, we would like you to stay tuned to the updated info on our website https://niki.ai/offers.
Once the payment is completed, your transaction will get processed. You can know the order details from the “My Orders” section in the app. Tap on the Menu icon on the top left corner of the app screen and tap on My Orders, your transaction will be listed there.
Tap on the Repeat icon to repeat the same transaction anytime later. This will take you directly to the payment stage of the transaction.
Tap on the order to get complete details of the order.
Status of the order
- Success - Your order has been processed successfully.
- Refunded - Your order failed after several retries and the amount has been refunded
- Retrying - When the payment fails in the first attempt, the bot will automatically retry the transaction multiple times for the next one hour. During this time, the status of the transaction shows this.
- Niki Order ID
- Fulfilment Partner
- Date of Transaction will be listed here.
Postpaid bill Details
- Phone number
- Operator selected in the bill payment transaction will be mentioned here.
- Mode of Payment.
- Amount Paid by you
- Total Niki Credits used in the transaction will be shown here.
- You can tap on this to send out the order summary email to your registered email address
- You can reach out to support section using this button. You can read the available articles or write to support from here.
List of Postpaid bill operators
Aircel, Airtel, BSNL, Idea, MTS, Tata Docomo and Vodafone.