Landline bill payment is one of the basic telecom payments made. Here comes Niki to help you have a smooth in-chat transaction. This article puts forth every aspect of a landline bill payment made on Niki.
It talks about:
- Entering, Changing an operator
- Entering, Changing number
- Bill amount
- Payment options
- Cancel the bill payment conversation
- Resetting the order
- Offers on Landline Bill Payments
- Order Details
- Operators under Niki’s umbrella
Entering/Changing an operator
When you are processing a landline bill payment for the first time, the bot asks you to provide your operator name before proceeding onto the payment.
In case of subsequent payments, the bot efficiently fetches the required details from the previous transactions being made. You have the flexibility to change any input anytime during the course of transaction.
Airtel and MTNL are examples of operators.
Entering/Changing your Number
You can directly enter the new landline number in the chat to start a bill payment conversation.
For subsequent bill payments, the bot auto-fetches the number for which the landline bill payment needs to be done. You can always change the number too.
In most of the cases, Niki makes your life easier by fetching the bill amount on entry of the number. If it doesn’t, you can directly enter the bill amount in the flow of conversation. The amount can be verified in the processed card summary.
Once you enter the bill amount, the bot will show you the summary of the order placed with details like operator, number and the amount. The card also contains a “Proceed to payment” option.
The bot also notifies in case of your Niki credits getting redeemed and the remaining amount to be paid is stated . Along with this come the payment options for you to make the payments. Given below are the options to make your payment:
- Amazon Pay
- Pay Online (Debit Card, Credit Card, Netbanking)
You can check this article to know the detailed process of payment for each of the payment options available with us.
**This might not be available on all transactions for all users. The eligibility is calculated by LazyPay themselves.
Cancel the bill payment conversation
At any point during the chat, you can cancel the transaction. You can type “Cancel”, “x” or just tap on the cancel icon available at the bottom left corner of the app. This will cancel your conversation with the bot and get you out of the Landline bill context. This is purely to cancel a conversation with the bot.
However, once you have completed the bill payment, it is not possible to cancel the transaction. It ought to have failed at the operator end for us to automatically process the refund. Manual intervention into the transaction is not possible.
If the bot fails to make a successful payment due to any technical issues at the merchant side, the amount paid will be set for an automatic refund.
However, since there is an automatic retry process in place, it will take about a couple of hours before the refund can be processed from our side.
Resetting the order
If you feel you want to change the order completely, you can reset the order at any time during the chat. You just need to type “Reset”. The bot will ask you for confirmation and reset the order. You are still in the Landline Bill Payment domain, so you can continue directly with the changes you want to make in the order.
Entering the promocodes
We introduced Promocodes recently in Niki.ai. You will have to enter the Promocode to avail certain offers. Here’s how you can enter the promo code in Niki.ai app.
- Tap on the Menu icon on the top left corner of the app screen.
- Tap on “Offers & Promo codes”
- Under “NIKI PROMO CODES”, you can tap on “Apply Promocode →”
- Enter the Promocode you have and tap on “Apply”
- You will get the confirmation on the screen
Promo code for Landline: LAN100 (20% cashback (upto ₹ 100) on 1st Landline Bill Payment)
*Please note that offers change very frequently. So, we would like you to stay tuned to the updated info on our website https://niki.ai/offers/
Your transaction will get processed once the payment is completed. You can know the order details from the “My Orders” section in the app. Tap on the Menu icon on the top left corner of the app screen to view My Orders. Your transaction shall be listed here.
Tap on the Repeat icon to repeat the same transaction anytime later. This will take you directly to the payment stage of the transaction.
Tap on the order to get complete details of the order.
Status of the order
- Success - Your order has been processed successfully.
- Refunded - Your order failed after several retries and the amount has been refunded.
- Retrying - When the payment fails in the first attempt, the bot will automatically retry the transaction multiple times for the next one hour. During this time, the status of the transaction is shown as such.
- Niki Order ID
- Fulfillment Partner
- Date of Transaction
- Landline bill Details
- Landline Number
- Operator selected in the bill payment transaction
- Payment Details
- Mode of Payment
- Amount Paid
- Total Niki Credits used in the transaction
- “Send Invoice” option - You can tap on this to email the order summary to your registered mail address
- Support - You can reach out to support section using this button. You can read the available articles or write to support from here.
List of Landline bill operators
Airtel, MTNL Delhi